What do I do if I receive a Parking Ticket from the Holmes Beach Police Department?
You need only to include your payment in the self-addressed envelope and mail your payment to the address on the envelope. If you wish to contest the Ticket, you may do so within 10 working days by contacting the Police Department or the City Clerk in writing at email@example.com to arrange for a hearing before the City's Special Magistrate.
Who do I contact for a Traffic Ticket?
If you receive a Uniform Traffic Citation, you must contact the Manatee County Clerk of the Court at (941) 749-1800 and make arrangements with them for payment or arrange for a court date if you wish to contest the citation or arrange for attendance in Traffic School.
Where do I get an application for employment with the Holmes Beach Police Department?
If you are interested in picking up an application for employment with the Holmes Beach Police Department, contact the Administrative Assistant at (941) 708-5804.
How do I contact someone who has been arrested?
Once someone has been arrested by the Holmes Beach Police Department, that are transported to the Manatee County Jail to be held there. Prisoners can be contacted at (941) 747-3711 and ask for the jail.
How do I register my out-of-state vehicle?
If you would like to register your out-of-state vehicle in Florida, you must contact the Manatee County Tax office at (941) 741-4800 for more information on what to bring with you and you can also make an appointment as well.
Does the Police Department provide fingerprinting services?
Yes! The Police Department provides fingerprinting services 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, as long as an officer is available. Please call (941) 708-5807 for more information. You must bring a fingerprint card with you and there is a $10.00 charge.
Who do I contact in reference to property the Police Department may have?
If you have reason to believe the Holmes Beach Police Department may have property belonging to you, from loss or theft, you can contact the Property/Evidence Section at (941) 708-5804.
How do I obtain a police report or accident report?
To obtain a police report, please stop by or call the Records Department at (941) 708-5804 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Vehicle accident reports are not public records for the first 60 days. If you are a party or represent a party involved in the crash, please obtain DHSMV 94010 Affidavit from our FORMS section and complete it, have it notarized and bring to the Holmes Beach Police Department. We can notarize it at the police department as well. You can also obtain a vehicle accident report at www.buycrash.com.
False Alarm Resources
No person shall stop, stand or park any vehicle, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a police officer or traffic control device, in any of the following places:
- Areas with signs that prohibit parking
- On a sidewalk
- On a crosswalk or within twenty (20) feet of a crosswalk
- On a bicycle path
- Within thirty (30) feet of a stop sign
- Within thirty (30) feet of an intersection
- Within fifteen (15) feet of a fire hydrant
- In a manner which blocks a public or private driveway
- Within a handicapped zone or parking space without the proper license plate or hang-tag issued by a state and affixed to or in the car
- Between 10 pm and 6 am at the Manatee County Public Beach
- Facing in the wrong direction (“every vehicle stopped or parked upon a two-way roadway shall be so stopped or parked with the right-hand wheels parallel with the direction of traffic and in a manner that does not impede the normal flow of traffic”)
- Double-parked, either side by side or tandem
- On private property without the permission of the “owner of the property”
Thanks for being a good neighbor!
Schedule of fines
(3) Unlawful parking using a fraudulently obtained or used "parking by permit only" permit.....$250.00
(4) Unlawful parking in a Purple Heart designated parking space as defined by law.....$250.00
(5) Blocking or impeding emergency vehicle access points to the Gulf of Mexico beaches.....$250.00
(A) After 10 days but before 30 days:.....$ 15.00
(B) From 30 days but before 60 days:.....$40.00
(C) From 60 days and thereafter:.....$90.00
For further information please refer to Ordinance 21-10 adopted March 23, 2021.
Said Ordinance can be found on Municode.com.
The City of Holmes Beach aims to provide full accessibility to our programs, services, and activities unless doing so changes the fundamental nature of the program, service, or activity, or it creates an undue administrative or financial burden. If you are not able to access any of the content of this website, please email the City Clerk email@example.com or call ADA Coordinator at 941-708-5800, ext. 226 so that we can provide a solution or provide the information in an accessible format.