Stacey Johnston, MMC, City Clerk
Phone: 941-708-5800, ext. 226
The Office of the City Clerk serves as the custodian of records of the City and shall be responsible for the proper administration of all affairs concerning the records of the city placed under the City Clerk's authority under the City's Charter or by local ordinance, or as other required by general law.
The Holmes Beach City Clerk:
- Serves as the clerk and recorder of all official actions for the City Commission, Planning Commission, BIEO, ITPO, Charter Review Commission, and City Safety Committee.
- Prepares meeting materials and provides official notice for all official meetings.
- Serves as the election official of the city and coordinates with the Manatee County Supervisor of Elections.
- Is the custodian of the city seal and authenticates documents of the city where required by ordinance or general law.
- Maintains codification of all city ordinances.
- Attests all ordinances, resolutions, bonds, contracts, and other instruments on behalf of the city.
- Publishes all required documents as set forth in State Statute.
- Maintains all Bert Harris records and claims and coordinates insurance claims with the Florida Municipal Insurance Trust.
- Administers and oversees the city's records and information management including, but not limited to, records, indexing, digitizing, and retention/archiving scheduling per applicable law.
- Provides supervision, training, and professional development of all employees within the office of the city clerk.
- Performs such other administrative and records related services by direction of the Mayor in accordance with law, the Charter, ordinance, or resolution of the commission.
- Perform such other fiscal services by direction of Mayor in accordance with law, the Charter, ordinance, or resolution of the commission.
Issuance and maintenance of all City-owned T-End and Sunrise dock rentals, overseeing of Commercial Business Tax Receipts, receipting of all parking Tickets and Citations, and rental of City-owned facilities, are among other responsibilities handled through the City Clerk's office.
The City Clerk's Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
The City of Holmes Beach aims to provide full accessibility to our programs, services, and activities unless doing so changes the fundamental nature of the program, service, or activity, or it creates an undue administrative or financial burden. If you are not able to access any of the content of this website, please email the City Clerk at email@example.com or call ADA Coordinator at 941-708-5800, ext. 226 so that we can provide a solution or provide the information in an accessible format.